International Women’s Day is less than two weeks away, so it only makes sense that we ladies (and fellas who love ladies) treat ourselves to products celebrating the effervescent female. Get your ovary balloons ready, everyone!
1. You guys. This book. THIS book. Okay, so I haven’t read it yet, but it’s all that everyone is talking about, and I just put it on my Kindle in anticipation for IWD.
2. These next three products are for our minitature feminists. I love a great princess story myself, but there’s nothing better than a princess story where the princess breaks herself out of that dungeon because that’s what I would do. I’m not waiting for my knight in shining armor. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
5. Ah, Maya Angelou. Enough said.
6. Science has never been my forte, but when I see female scientists, astronauts, what have you, I get prouder than a mom watching her six-year-old play the part of a tree in the school play.
7. “When I meet Thomas Jefferson, I’m ‘a compel him to include women in the sequal. Work!” The Schuyler sisters from the hit Broadway musical Hamilton are the feminist icons we have been waiting for.
8. If there was ever a shirt that spoke to my soul, this would be that shirt.
9. In case Hidden Figures leaves you wanting more books that shed light on how cool women are (and always have been), we’ve got you covered with these next three books.
12. You shoot that arrow, Merida.
13. The tragic story of Anna Karenina offers something not entirely tragic – a complex female lead depicted in all of her humanity.
14. Disney’s Big Hero 6 actually used this line multiple times, and my little feminist heart fluttered and fluttered. Way to go, Disney. Girls run the world, but first we need coffee.
15. Who doesn’t love Leslie Knope? Side note: Is Parks and Recreation not the best show?
16. Last, but certainly not least, get your rebel patch today! Women make the best rebels, don’t we?
Oh no! Is your feminist heart not satisfied? Don’t worry, we’ve got way more to show you. Check out our Lady Power Collection and get ready to celebrate International Women’s Day on Wednesday, March 8th.