I was on a 16-hour-flight this past weekend, and I came to the conclusion that flying long distance can be a lot more pleasant if you invest in the right products. Here are my top recommended products *Cue Frank Sinatra’s Come Fly with Me*:
- Neck pillow: The pillows they give you on flights are better suited for baby bunnies than human necks.
2. Eye mask: There is nothing worse than trying to sleep on a plane and being unable to because your seat buddy insists on keeping the window open. That light outside is no joke!
3. Moccasin slippers: I usually wear my athletic shoes to the airport because they take up the most room in my suitcase, but nobody wants to keep their bulky shoes on during a long flight. Slip into these slippers and you’ll feel like your feet are floating!
4. Prilosec OTC: Heartburn while flying is very common, so come prepared because that feeling is no fun. Helpful tip: Be prepared with anything you may be susceptible to while flying. Headaches are also very common, so don’t forget your Ibuprofen.
5. ChapStick: Chapped lips are common while flying, but this will liven up your lip game.
6. Toothbrush & toothpaste pack: It’s tough to feel fully refreshed on a plane, but having this with you will at least keep your mouth feeling fresh.
7. Chewing gum: Speaking of fresh breath, chewing gum is a must. It also comes in handy for ear discomfort which is common while flying.
8. Salty snacks: I’d go with a protein-based snack to keep you feeling satisfied throughout the course of your flight. Airplane food can either be a hit or miss, so you want to always be prepared.
9. Sweet snacks: Satisfy your sweet tooth with whatever your heart desires. I would personally go with a choice like this because dark chocolate tends to sit a tad better with most people and this has a fruit flavor in it so it’s sort of healthy, right?
10. Security blanket: Security blankets help to soothe babies and everyone wants a soothed baby on a flight.
11. Travel bottle warmer: A fed baby is a happy baby, and this bottle warmer is lightweight enough to easily carry in your diaper bag.
12. Travel bed: This is one of my favorite products. It’s so lightweight and parents swear by it. Helpful tip: Ask your gate or flight attendant to put you and your baby in a row by yourselves so that you can take advantage of the extra space and pull this bed out.
13. Game book: Keep your mind occupied by digging into this game book for smarties!
14. Travel journal: One of the most important takeaways from traveling are the memories, so be sure to keep a travel journal on hand.
15. Headphones: Sometimes airlines charge you an obscene amount for headphones, so come prepared. Helpful tip: Noise-canceling headphones make for a far more peaceful trip.
16. Kindle or Tablet: I have a Kindle and it’s the best for traveling. I love the feel and smell of real books, but they’re very heavy and take up a lot of room. If you have a Tablet, be sure to load it up with a few of your favorite films or shows so that you have a backup option if your entertainment system on the flight is less than satisfactory.
17 – 20. Activities for your kiddos: Be sure to mix it up and come prepared with a few options because kids get bored and restless easily.
21. Luggage scale: Invest in this luggage scale to avoid paying overweight baggage fees.
Stop on by our Come Fly with Me Collection and stock up on all your in-flight necessities!